Fight Bexar County Violent Crime Charges with a Skilled, Dedicated Team in Your Corner
Facing a violent crime charge can be terrifying, with prosecutors pushing for a conviction and harsh sentences looming. If you or a loved one have been charged with a violent crime, protect your future and make sure you’re not fighting alone. The Krause Law Firm believes that every person accused of a crime deserves a passionate, persistent advocate who will fight for their rights. It shouldn’t be easy for the criminal justice system to secure a conviction. Let an experienced, passionate team of attorneys prepare a personalized defense and fight for your rights and your freedom.
What is Considered a Violent Crime in San Antonio?
A violent crime is a crime that involves force, the threat of force, or the use of a weapon. Even if the defendant didn’t touch the victim, their crime may still be violent. Even if the defendant didn’t intend to hurt the victim, they can still be charged with a violent crime.
Some common types of violent crime charges that The Krause Law Firm is prepared to represent you in include:
- Homicide: The act of one person killing another person. There are many different types of homicide charges in Texas, such as capital murder, murder, manslaughter, and criminally negligent homicide.
- Assault: The act of one person causing harm or injury, threatening harm or injury, or knowingly engaging in offensive or provocative contact with another person. Assault can be a misdemeanor or a felony.
- Domestic or Family Violence: Any assault or violence which occurs within a romantic relationship or within a familial context.
- Sex Crimes: Such crimes include sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, and sex crimes involving minors.
- Robbery: The act of one person taking another person’s property against their will through intimidation, force, threats, or violence.
- Weapons Crimes: The reckless use of a weapon in Texas is known as deadly conduct. Some other weapons crimes include the illegal possession or use of a weapon, possessing an illegal weapon, carrying a weapon unlawfully, bringing a weapon to an unlawful location, disorderly conduct involving a firearm, and trespassing with a weapon.
- Abuse of a Child, Elderly Individual, or Disabled Individual: The act of a person causing physical harm to a child, elderly, or disabled individual, or causing mental or emotional injury to a child, elderly, or disabled individual.
- Kidnapping: The act of a person knowingly or intentionally abducting another person against their will. More serious offenses are charged as aggravated kidnapping.
San Antonio Violent Crime Defense Attorney
If you or a loved one are facing a violent crime charge in San Antonio, contact the Krause Law Firm for a free consultation. The Krause Law Firm has proven experience fighting violent crime charges from misdemeanors to felonies. A violent crime charge is a serious matter, but, with a committed, creative team by your side, it doesn’t have to take away your future. The Krause Law Firm will fight to have the charges reduced or dismissed altogether. Violent crime charges are scary, but you don’t have to fight them alone.